Friday, April 9, 2010

Timetoast


Today we had a great classroom experience with timetoast, a free service, which allows students to create accounts with an email address and then add events and descriptions in a chronological order.

In our class, the students entered Latin sentences and then translated them into English and provided an image to go along with the story they were working on. The sequential nature of a timeline helps students to understand cause and effect, sequences, and story development. I used a detailed instruction sheet that I revised after the first class meeting to address student questions. All the students were successful with the technology and were able to demonstrate their Latin ability in a 21st century application.

Here' an example: http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/48625

The highlight of my day was observing as students helped each other answer questions and troubleshoot as the classes reached 100% success in emailing me their products! My goal had been 90% and they exceeded my expectations.

No comments: