Saturday, July 28, 2012

NJCL and Olympic Wear

Have you heard?  The National Latin Convention is happening right NOW at Wake Forest University.  If you'd like to get all the info on what is happening with the Ohio delegation, check out the daily blogs here: http://ojcl.org/?page_id=840,  Go Ohio JCL Go!

Ah, yes, the Olympics!  Instead of commenting on something like the handing of the torch of ancient civilization to modern blah blah blah, I'm going to share this site with you:  http://nemo-nusquam.blogspot.com/2012/07/de-vestimentis-olympicis.html

And why is it so good?  Oh, boy, just look!
The entire blog is in Latin and is commenting upon the national garb worn to the opening ceremonies.  Are you looking at the Latin for the picture above?  It means, 'but what about the women's footwear?" I can't wait to show this to my students in the fall and have them use the Latin that they know.

But why wait?  I think I'll add this to my Google student circles and share it with them right now.  Look out, teachers are in your circles. . . circulatin'.  But don't worry about it, we have Vergil with us.

No comments: